In need of pixel shader advice

Status
Not open for further replies.
I picked up Fable: The Lost Chapters today and have come to the sad realization that my graphics card is not compatible to a degree. My problem is that the ground textures will not load, it is smooth and gray and water is yellow, which I assume stems from the shadow option in the overall video options. After having found that the video card was not compatible (a VIA SG3 card and an Intel 845G) I came here in hopes that someone would know of a possible work around or perhaps some sort of emulator that would help fix the problem. I am hoping that it is nothing more than a simple download patch or "codex" of sorts but I realize that hope is a bit far fetched...

Make sure you have the latest driver and directx versions. If that doesnt help, then you will probably need to buy a new graphics card.

I've downloaded the latest drivers and DirectX to make sure that those weren't the problem as a rule of thumb. Having said that I have had no luck searching for a work around of any sort. Could you suggest a cheap up-to-date graphics card? Normally I just play something like Sims2 or Starcraft/Warcraft3. Target budget is <$80.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back