In search of a few answers

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need to upgrade my video card. I'm not sure what I have at the moment. I need to know if its PCI Express or AGP. I read a few older post and they recommended downloading Everest and posting the Motherboard make and model. Can anyone assist me by telling me what slot I have? and what kind of video card would be pretty good to use for normal use and a little gaming? I play Diablo 2 Expansion, and I'm looking to spend about $150.

Motherboard ID 63-0100-009999-00101111-041807-Lakeport$945GCTHM_BIOS DATE: 04/18/07 10:26:20 VER: 08.00.13

Motherboard Name ECS Livermore

CPU Type Intel Pentium 4 641, 3200 MHz (16 x 200)

OS Name Microsoft Windows Vista Home Basic

Video Adapter Intel 82945GC Graphics Controller 0 [A-2]

Memory - DDR2 1024 MBytes

If you need to know anything else just let me know. Thanks again.

Oh you probably didn't see that edit I put in like, 10 minutes later.
Anyway, if that is indeed your motherboard, then you have a PCI-Ex16 which is great...

Since your CPU is so outdated I would actually recommend saving money for a new computer, but if you like you can upgrade with a CORSAIR CMPSU-400CX 400W ATX12V V2.2 80 PLUS Certified Compatible with Core i7 Power Supply - Retail
for $50 and likely a SAPPHIRE 100295HDMI Radeon HD 4670 512MB 128-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card - Retail at $65, better cards will likely leave you CPU bound but you will be able to run Diablo 2 just fine with that card.

Motherboard Name ECS Livermore ....... That's what the Everest Program tells me.

The card you suggested, do I need to buy that power supply in order to use it?

And can I update just my CPU or would I have to buy other components?

Unless your current powersupply is stronger than the default that came with your computer.
You can check and post amperages for all 12v rails.
Yes you could update your CPU, but your motherboard doesn't really support that great processors anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back