TechSpot

In search of wholesale computer dist.

By acidosmosis
Sep 29, 2003
  1. I've become a partner of Championship Networks LLC in North Carolina and we are looking for a few wholesale distributors for computer systems and parts.

Obviously you can't make a decent profit buying from NewEgg if you plan to sell the items or systems. Well, really you could if you increased the price by about 40% but that would make a $900 system from NewEgg cost the customer $1260 and I would at like to keep the price down for the customer because that is my second priority. First being that the system is stable, provides excellent performance, etc. One requirement I am going to put on these systems is that we conduct multiple tests on them such as benchmarks (for 1 hour).

So, I need to find some wholesalers (in the US) to get the parts from, such as motherboards, memory, processors, etc.

Does anyone know of any?

2. Rick

Rick TechSpot Staff Posts: 4,573   +65

InrgramMicro is probably one the largest distributors of wholesale technology in the U.S.

I too, have had a hard time finding wholesalers. The reason being that my "business" is small time and distributors make it very difficult for small business to get good deals.

I have not been able to get pricing from IngramMicro. You have to sign up which is a $100 fee in itself... Just to be "considered".

D&H Distributors has somewhat poor pricing. In most cases, ordering from Newegg isn't so bad when looking through their price list. ;) But they are a big-time distributor nonetheless.

There are several other big distributors in the U.S, but it is so hard to get any information!

3. acidosmosis

acidosmosis TechSpot Chancellor Topic Starter Posts: 1,350

Hmm.. I will have to talk to my cousin (who owns the company) but I think he would be willing to put in that $100 to to apply.

Thanks for the info Rick I will check it out!

4. XtR-X

XtR-X TS Rookie Posts: 863

They are very hard to find. I myself have been in this position alot. When you find one, the best value you will get is

1) You bargain.

2) You buy in large quantities.

3) You are a frequent customer. (or you signed an agreement)

I may be young, but I hear all kinds of tips and stories from everyone in my family. All of my family members are successfull and own large corporations or businesses. They always give me tips and how to deal with customers and such. They're all business men/women, so they know a whole lot.

But if you guys find any good ones, please post them here, I'd be very gratefull. Thanks.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.