[Inactive] Cannot access regedit, or msconfig

Status
Not open for further replies.

kyle14

I got a virus that doesn't allow me to run any programs, except for windows task manager.
It opens up internet explorer to go to some sites it chooses but doesn't allow me to go anywhere else on the internet. I tried to open up msconfig but I get an error message saying thats its unable to run because it's infected. Which is the message I get from every program I try to use.
Then it opens up an antimalware doctor program that got onto my computer with the virus. I don't have much more information then that.

I cant, I cant open any programs without them being closed immediately after opening, or just not functioning at all. So I cant download any antivirus's.
I need a way to get around that before I can do anything on that list.

Do you have another working computer and USB flash drive, so we download and transfer some stuff?

wouldn't do me any good, I cant install anything because when I click on whatever it is I might want to install a message comes up saying that its infected with a virus trying to send my credit card information to a remote host, which I know is a message from the virus. But I cant get around it, I have access to nothing on the computer basically.

Tools we need to run don't require installation.

Do you have another working computer and USB flash drive?

Well actually I was able to get rid of the virus, my computer works fine now except I cant get on the internet do to an error 102 Connection Refused.
Google Chrome and internet explorer didn't work, so I installed Firefox and it also doesn't work.

No
I got all the stuff installed on my computer, the internet problem only came up after I restarted my computer once getting rid of the virus's.

Unfortunately, since you don;t have internet connection, you'll need to have an access to another computer to download some tools, so we can fix your problem. You'll also need USB flash drive. See, if you can get a family member, a friend to come to your place for one night and help you out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back