[Inactive] Two Iexplore.exe

Status
Not open for further replies.

OptionalPlayer

Hello, I'm new.

I've recently discovered as of a few days ago, two Iexplore.exe in my processess. I don't know where they've came from and how to delete it. I've been looking on these boards for the past few days and have tried a lot of recommendations from previous posts.

I've tried Trend Micro, Adaware, Malwarebytes, SpyBot, Avast, and ComboFix. Nothing.

Your suggestions?
Thank you ahead of time.

Attachments

• Logfile.txt
    5.3 KB · Views: 2
It is normal to have multiple iexplore.exe entries with IE8.

Do you have any other problems?

You're welcome- glad to help.

I would caution you about one thing though> if you have occasion to refer to this process again, type is as iexplore.exe and not Iexplore.exe. Believe it or not, there is a big difference. If I had had any doubt, I would have had you verify the spelling. Look at the difference in the two when they process:

Using your uppercase I> Iexplore.exe> some fonts print out making it look more like an l and lexplore.exe is is a Worm.
Using the lower case i> iexplore.exe

Good to know. Thank you for the heads up.
Since reading that article you posted, I've already removed IE8 and replaced it with Opera. What a difference in performance in the Processes!
I just did a check with both browsers. IE8 ran (both it's processes) at 100,000k, while I opened 15 Opera windows and it's processes just reached 130,000k. A phenomenal difference.

Thank you.

Again, you're welcome. Microsoft kind of snuck all that in with IE8. Lots of people had problems. I've been using Firefox since fire final was released. My homepage opens with 7 tabs for sites I visit every day, frequently. The tabs are easy to handle and I have only a few add-ons.

Some people have a problem with making a change though. Here's another tip for you: use the free FoxIt PDF Reader> does the same thing as Adobe without all the bloat! Then when you remove Adobe, you'll be amazed at all the junk it has!

If you want to try it, you can get the Free Reader download on this CNet site HERE:

I usually give home sites for downloads, but FoxIt has a Pro version also which is not free. Their home site has 3 choices and is a bit confusing.

Good info. I've tried FireFox in the past and I was never a big fan of it. I just found it a bit too complicated. And by that, I mean I was too lazy to sit down and really try and optimize it. I've played with Opera in the past, and I am completely comfortable with it.
It also syncs up with my BlackBerry very nicely with Opera Mini.

You've been extremely helpful. I'll keep searching around for various add-ons for Opera as time goes by.
Thank you.

You're welcome The main thing is that you now realize there is an alternative to Internet Explorer! We have choices now- use whatever works the best for you!

Stay safe.
I'm going to close this thread as Resolved. If you have any problems or questions in the future, let us know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back