Incorrect device listing

Status
Not open for further replies.

cogenmaster

I have a 9700 pro and since the Cat driver release, the version that added the overclocking feature to the 9800's my vid card registers as a 9800 pro in my device manager. At the time I figured it was just a driver bug but it has mantainted that listing every driver release since then. Not that is really matters much I was just curious if this has happened to anyone else.

Hmm...

Guess I should install those Cat 4.1 now and see if the same happens to me...

Are you sure you didn't install the Omega drivers which include the softmod 9700pro -> 9800pro?

RE: Omega Drivers

No I have downloaded all my driver upgrades from ATI's website. Of course I secretly hope that someone mis-labled my board from the factory and I really do have a 9800, but that would just be to much to ask for. Don't remember exactly when I bought the card but I'm not even sure if the 9800's where out yet.

Well, just installed the drivers, and it didn't do anything to change what card I've got :-/
(I too wouldn't have minded having a 9800pro, though it was but a rumour when I bought my card)

I would run the catalyst uninstaller from ATi's website and then reinstall 4.1... see if that solves it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back