Independant Graphics Power Supply

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting. I tried to find some reviews on it (real reviews by professionals), and couldn't. I'd like to see how stable they are first before I popped one in my system. Have you been able to find any reviews?

Also, are you SURE your current PSU is not enough? It may be enough you know. I see you only have 18amps on the 12v volt, that is very much on the low side, but it would depend on what else you have in your box.

I'm tempted to recommend you get a high quality 450w FSP power supply for $40 over getting the thermaltake.....

DonNagual said:
Interesting. I tried to find some reviews on it (real reviews by professionals), and couldn't. I'd like to see how stable they are first before I popped one in my system. Have you been able to find any reviews?

Also, are you SURE your current PSU is not enough? It may be enough you know. I see you only have 18amps on the 12v volt, that is very much on the low side, but it would depend on what else you have in your box.

I'm tempted to recommend you get a high quality 450w FSP power supply for $40 over getting the thermaltake.....

The only problem is this is a gift, so I wouldn't have to pay for it. My car needs a new gasket cover, so I can't really spare the money. I did find a review (from a professional website) that did suggest it. If it doesn't work I can return it as well. My PSU is also generic (no name brand), so I don't even want to try the card without something else to back up the power. I do realize that I have practically nothing in the computer (external dvd-writer, 1 hard drive, and that's really it), but I don't want to take a chance. Thanks for the reply!

Upgrade to atleast a 500w PSU and dont be cheap :haha:
They are about $90-120 so it isnt that much money ;)

I kind of like the idea of a separate power source as an alternative solution. It would depend on how much of a power gap you were trying to bridge but in concept, it's fine.

BTW, there isn't any such thing as a gasket cover. Perhaps valve cover gasket? (sorry, OT I know)

mailpup said:
I kind of like the idea of a separate power source as an alternative solution. It would depend on how much of a power gap you were trying to bridge but in concept, it's fine.

BTW, there isn't any such thing as a gasket cover. Perhaps valve cover gasket? (sorry, OT I know)

Let's just say that I'm not up to date with cars. I received a hand-me-down Mercedes 190E 2.3 from my parents, and it needs some work. Soon I'll be able to pay for it. Soon....

I have one, never used it since i have a 7600GT :(, keeping it because im gonna upgrade to a DX-10 card. The fans are quiet (2x40mm) and it has 21A on 2 12V rails. I like mine but i never used it except the fans because my 7600 dosnt have 6-pin power.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back