Indian Company to Outsource TO the US

Status
Not open for further replies.

SNGX1275

Infosys has decided to outsource jobs to the US, opposite of the recent trends.
Check out the full article here: http://www.hinduonnet.com/thehindu/holnus/006200404081701.htm

Infosys Technologies, which has risen to become the country's second-largest software maker thanks largely to outsourced work from the West, plans to reverse that trend by investing US$20 million to create nearly 500 consulting jobs in the United States.

The company has set up a subsidiary in Fremont, California to provide business consulting to American corporations. The new company, Infosys Consulting, has begun ``aggressive hiring in America,'' Infosys chief executive officer Nandan Nilekani told reporters Thursday.

``As we are looking to expand our global footprint, we are creating local employment in the countries we operate,'' he said.

In the first year, the new firm will hire 75 experienced business consultants, with plans for a total of 500 hires within the next three years....

Looks like they are now hiring their own salesmen, rather than wait for orders to come in. Time to get proactive and target a larger market. I wonder if they pay well???

Its because the U.S. dollar value has dropped so much...made things in the U.S. less expensive than most other countries...If you havent noticed it's really ticking Europe off(which I find hilarious), I personally like it, its causing a ton of companies to buy U.S. exports....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back