Industry misc. news

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've also noticed that PCs are like jetliners--they almost never crap out when cruising, but you have to watch those takeoffs and landings. Cycling the power on a PC is when you should tighten your seat belt.

sounds logica and quite humorousl. Is it(true that is)?

$120US/year to have computer on all the time... for the AVERAGE computer... maybe double that for my power sucker.

Id rather pay $220US/year web hosting, and turn on my computer when I need it.

Fact is... do something while the computer turns on! Go to the bathroom! Shave! Pick up the room really quick! Clean off your desk of stuff in the way! Turn on the TV. Play with your fingers! Are you really that much of a freak to watch your boot screen like a dead, non-feeling being all the time! Hah!

This man obviosuly isnt running Windows, if he were he'd realize its nearly impossible for windows to stay stable even nearly that long.....

You could save on electricity more if you used a mobile processor in your desktop, instead of some energy sucking 64 bit Athlon. To keep Windows stable, disconnect it from the internet and don't touch the computer ;)

leave the computer on or off. the pc manufacturers designed computers so ***** computer users will have a hard time destroying their computers anyways.

Also to mention, computer lifespan is much greator if you don't always have it on. Fans, hard drives, components, etc. only last for so long. And with overclocking, the lifespan is nearly cut in half for some components.

I'm not saying your computer is going to blow up in a year, just saying it would last longer in the long run. So, now, add them up:

$120/yr or ~$200/yr (for power sucker)
~$1500 new computer every ~5 years or even less than 5 years!
=
Alot of money!

Don't get me wrong, if you're wiping your *** with $100 dollar bills then leave it on all the time!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back