Infected Computer....Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been trying to deal with all this darn spyware and virus's, for the last week already. Thought everything was going good...until this morning. I now got that stupid red shield with the white "X" in it....telling me that my registry is infected and that I need to download some stupid program.
I also have noticed that I have that ctpmon.exe running in my processes. I have tried to kill it time after time... even tried with HijackThis. But it is still there.
I guess I will post my HiJackThis Log for you guys, just incase I am missing something else....
How do I get rid of this crap??
Please Help...

I already ran Spybot, and my AVG Antivirus....neither seemes to get rid of this darn infection. SO what do I do now??

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Very Important: Before deciding whether you should clean or reformat your system, go and read this thread HERE and decide what it is you want to do.

If after reading the above, you wish to clean your system, do the following.

Go and read the Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions. Follow all the instructions exactly.

Post fresh HJT and AVG Antispyware logs as attachments into this thread, only after doing the above.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

This thread is for the use of MissLaniS only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

MissLaniS said:
How do I get rid of this crap??

I already ran Spybot, and my AVG Antivirus....neither seemes to get rid of this darn infection. SO what do I do now??
All AV programs are reactive, ie: like going to the doctor AFTER you're sick.
He/She can make you well again, but it's very likely you WILL STILL get sick again :(

Firewalls and access controls (eg: Spywareblaster) are proactive, ie: they
keep you from getting sick in the first place.

If at all possible, always access the internet from behind a NAT enabled router,
this too is proactive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back