infected w/possible bdsr virus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I came home yesterday to find no desktop on my pc. E-Mach. t4010. After shutting down via Cont-alt-del, the machine would start normally but every few seconds the desktop would go off and then come back on again. If I am fast enough I can get IE to come up so I can get on line, but eventually after several times the desktop disappears and all I get when I move the cursor to the taskbar is the old hourglass. I tried to restart in safe mode and all I get is a black screen w/ "safe mode" on the bottom corners. I tried to restore to an earlier time and the only restore point I could access was from the night before. I could not go to the previous month. At one point I did get a pop-up about bdsr, so I googled that and got to you.
I have looked at Techspot's post from Po'girl and downloaded the suggested programs and ran them, so far to no avail other than my wallpaper disappeared.
What next before I decide to restore the system.

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Very Important: Before deciding whether you should clean or reformat your system, go and read this thread HERE and decide what it is you want to do.

If after reading the above, you wish to clean your system, do the following.

Go and read the Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions. Follow all the instructions exactly.

Post fresh HJT, AVG Antispyware and Combofix logs as Attachments into this thread, only after doing the above.

Also, let me know the results of the Panda Antirootkit scan.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

This thread is for the use of jsmith5379 only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back