Infected with Backdoor.Rbot.eja

Status
Not open for further replies.

JustJay420

I was recently doing a scan using AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5 in safe mode and I found that my PC was infected with Backdoor.Rbot.eja. I have my software setup to automatically quarantine so I did that but I'm unsure if I should remove it or follow any other instructions. Could anyone verify what should be the next step I make, I don't wanna mess anything up and unfamiliar with backdoors. And can someone let me know how it's possible for this malware to get through AVG Anti-Spyware, Ad-Aware 2007 Pro, and Avast Antivirus because I use all of these programs.

I'll post the AVG Anti-Spyware log as well...

Hi,

We cannot tell much from just an AVG Anti spyware log. Please run HJT (download from my signature) and post a log here for us to see. Thanks.

Regards,
momok =)

Hi,

That log looks pretty clean to me. Are you facing any further problems?

I would suggest you read this thread HERE meanwhile.

Regards,
momok =)

This thread is for the use of JustJay420 only. Please don't post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our Security and The Web forum.

No... no other problems so okay i'll just delete the malware then... and another question.. in other forums i've read of conflict problems with AVG AS and Ad Aware. I'm running both programs and i'm using both of their real time protection services. I havent had any problems with my PC yet, but I was wondering if I should choose one service over the other, or just follow the "if it aint broke dont fix it" saying?

By Ad-aware's real time protection software you mean Ad-Watch right? I used to have some problems with Ad-Watch myself which is why I stopped using it. In any case, I would recommend having SpyBot instead as its TeaTimer real time monitoring is much better. If you're not encountering any problems, you can pretty much go ahead with what you have now.

I do notice you are not running a firewall (correct me if I'm mistaken). That is not recommended. I suggest you get one to improve your system security.

Regards,
momok =)

Yea sorry I meant Ad Aware... I'm running Avast Antivirus and I turned off Windows Firewall because I thought it served as a sufficient firewall but I will most definitely check into that. And by the way I already have spybot up and running.

I'm not so sure about that; never used that one before.
I've tried Comodo, Kerio and ZoneAlarm and have had little problems with them. These 3 happen to be the usual recommended ones too.

I would recommend reading at least 3-5 different reviews on the firewall, and if possible obtain feedback from people who use it regularly, so you know if its the best firewall to suit your needs.

Regards,
momok =)

Thanx for all of the help but I think I found a better alternative. I found a program called Vista Firewall Control by Sphinx Software I'm gonna start a thread about it. I think its that important.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back