TechSpot

Info on IntelliMouse recall

By Cryo
Jul 2, 2002
Post New Reply
  1. It wasn't mentioned in the post on the main page but anyone who either registered their mouse or sent in for a rebate when the bought it should be recieving instructions in the mail about how to get a new mouse. 5 of my friend all bought Wheel Mouse Opticals for $29.99 (on sale) with a $15 rebate, and in the last week we've all gotten the info sent to us as well as some other people who just registered when they bought the mouse and didn't use the rebate.

Just wanted to toss that up if anyone was interested.

2. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 12,685   +333

what is/was the problem with the mice?

3. Cryo

Cryo TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 52

Although I don't know the real specifics, the new mice are mainly suppose to fix problems with machines locking up after certain programs are closed with the optical mouse. I have heard unofficially that it is due to a flaw in some of the circutry of the mouse causing a signal which will lock machines with certain hard/software configurations, but don't hold me to that ;-)

4. uncleel

uncleel TS Rookie Posts: 1,145

Microsoft IntelliMouse Recall
    by Julio @ 1:12 PM - [Comments]
    Wednesday, July 3 2002 News

Saw this bit of news at Neowin: http://www.neowin.net/

5. Tweakster

Tweakster TS Rookie Posts: 224

An interesting thing i noticed:

With your optical mouse use scroll wheel, move it fast up and down for 15 secs and mouse has lag after u finsh while it finishs the wheels movements.

6. StormBringer

StormBringer TS Rookie Posts: 2,871

Most mice do that, optical or not. Even my intellitrack does it.
    It is the same as a really fast typist being able to finish typing a few seconds before the machine gets it all displayed.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.