TechSpot

Infostealer.Gampass Remover

By lala4real
Mar 22, 2007
  1. My Norton AntiVirus has detected a virus (Infostealer.Gampass) on my computer, although i have tried to run a full system scan a number of times but its still coming up. Please how do i get rid of it bcos am scared of losing my hard drive.

2. kitty500cat

kitty500cat TS Evangelist Posts: 2,154   +6

Hello and welcome to TechSpot :wave:

Please go and read this thread and then post a HijackThis log as an attachment into this thread.

Regards :)

3. Nishoe

Nishoe TS Rookie

Hi,
    I suggest you try disabling norton firewall and enabling windows firewall. It might help. If that does not work follow the instructions given by kitty500cat.
    Cheers

4. kitty500cat

kitty500cat TS Evangelist Posts: 2,154   +6

Actually, though, the Windows firewall probably isn't any better than the Norton one.

What I actually recommend for lala4real to do is to completely uninstall Norton (see this thread if problems arise) and then download either AVG free or avast! antivirus and ZoneAlarm or Kerio free firewall programs.

5. Nishoe

Nishoe TS Rookie

Yea, I have been advised to do the same by some leading personalities of this forum. It so happened that the problem resolved for me as soon as the Norton firewall was replaced by windows firewall. I am sure that what kitty500cat has recommended would be better than windows firewall remarkably. However, enabling windows firewall could verify if the problem is in Norton firewall.
    Cheers!

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.