TechSpot

Infostealer spyware/adware/virus removal....pls help

By kuanzc
Jul 14, 2007
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Recently i have download a few file and game and then yesterday the norton antivirus said that my computer is infected by infostealer thing...here is my log file...I have upload two combofix log file because i dont know which one is the right one...btw, the rootkit state that i have c:\sccfg.sys,Hidden File..can i delete it?
  2. kuanzc

kuanzc TS Rookie Topic Starter

i dont have any symptoms expect that when i open my computer the norton will show a message of the infostealer thing and said it is remove but every time i open the computer it still has it...
  3. kuanzc

anyone? pls help me....
  4. kuanzc

have i done anything wrong? pls reply me....
  5. CCT

CCT TS Evangelist Posts: 3,556

Hello - this site only has two (2) EXPERT spyware removal people and a couple or three accolytes - since both the experts are on vacation, you are advised to be patient OR seek help elsewhere if immediate assistance is needed.

Sorry - :)
  6. almcneil

almcneil TS Guru Posts: 1,554

First, Symantec Norton lists manual removal steps at their web site for infections their utilities detect. Might want to reference that.

For spyware, I advise my customers the use the following 3 anti-spyware utilities:

• Ad-Aware 2007
    • Spybot Search & Destroy
    • AVG Anti-Spyware

All are free and can be downloaded via the Internet.
  7. kuanzc

Yep I have download them and now i dont know whether the spyware is still in my computer or not....
  8. kitty500cat

kitty500cat TS Rookie Posts: 2,407   +6

TechSpot does not condone any form of piracy. Please do not download any more games. That is quite possibly the reason you are infected.

Have you tried removing the downoaded games/files to see if the message goes away?
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.