TechSpot

init display first

By hushlilone
Dec 24, 2006
  1. having being informed to change init display first from onboard/agp to the other option pci slot I think it is due to installing a dedicated graphics card my monitor doesn't fire up. any way of changing this back? or what the heck do I have to connect to see something to be able to change it back?

2. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso TS Rookie Posts: 24,177   +19

Unplug your computer from the mains and open the case. Check in your mobo manual for instructions on how to clear the cmos. If you don`t have the mobo manual, remove the cmos battery for a few minutes, then replace it. This will reset your bios to the default settings.

You will need to go into your bios and reset the date/time etc after doing the above.

See if that helps.

Regards Howard :)

3. nickc

nickc TechSpot Paladin Posts: 923   +11

also most likely you are going to have to turn off the onboard graffics.

4. hushlilone

hushlilone TS Rookie Topic Starter

ok thanks for that I can see again. second question how do I see what drivers I need for the sound. multi media controller has a "?" in device manager and no sound from the speakers.... now I know why I usually pay someone to do this for me.......lol

5. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso TS Rookie Posts: 24,177   +19

We need to know your system specs.

If your system is an oem build such as dell/HP/Emachines etc, you should be able to get the drivers from the computer manufacturers website.

If it`s a custom built machine and it`s onboard sound, you can get the drivers from your mobo(motherboard) manufacturers website.

If you have a separate soundcard, you`ll need to go to your soundacrd manufacturers website.

Regards Howard :)

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.