init display first

Status
Not open for further replies.

hushlilone

having being informed to change init display first from onboard/agp to the other option pci slot I think it is due to installing a dedicated graphics card my monitor doesn't fire up. any way of changing this back? or what the heck do I have to connect to see something to be able to change it back?

Unplug your computer from the mains and open the case. Check in your mobo manual for instructions on how to clear the cmos. If you don`t have the mobo manual, remove the cmos battery for a few minutes, then replace it. This will reset your bios to the default settings.

You will need to go into your bios and reset the date/time etc after doing the above.

See if that helps.

Regards Howard :)

ok thanks for that I can see again. second question how do I see what drivers I need for the sound. multi media controller has a "?" in device manager and no sound from the speakers.... now I know why I usually pay someone to do this for me.......lol

We need to know your system specs.

If your system is an oem build such as dell/HP/Emachines etc, you should be able to get the drivers from the computer manufacturers website.

If it`s a custom built machine and it`s onboard sound, you can get the drivers from your mobo(motherboard) manufacturers website.

If you have a separate soundcard, you`ll need to go to your soundacrd manufacturers website.

Regards Howard :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back