TechSpot

init display first

By hushlilone
Dec 24, 2006
  1. having being informed to change init display first from onboard/agp to the other option pci slot I think it is due to installing a dedicated graphics card my monitor doesn't fire up. any way of changing this back? or what the heck do I have to connect to see something to be able to change it back?

2. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso TS Rookie Posts: 25,948   +19

Unplug your computer from the mains and open the case. Check in your mobo manual for instructions on how to clear the cmos. If you don`t have the mobo manual, remove the cmos battery for a few minutes, then replace it. This will reset your bios to the default settings.

You will need to go into your bios and reset the date/time etc after doing the above.

See if that helps.

Regards Howard :)

3. nickc

nickc TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,650

also most likely you are going to have to turn off the onboard graffics.

4. hushlilone

hushlilone TS Rookie Topic Starter

ok thanks for that I can see again. second question how do I see what drivers I need for the sound. multi media controller has a "?" in device manager and no sound from the speakers.... now I know why I usually pay someone to do this for me.......lol

5. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso TS Rookie Posts: 25,948   +19

We need to know your system specs.

If your system is an oem build such as dell/HP/Emachines etc, you should be able to get the drivers from the computer manufacturers website.

If it`s a custom built machine and it`s onboard sound, you can get the drivers from your mobo(motherboard) manufacturers website.

If you have a separate soundcard, you`ll need to go to your soundacrd manufacturers website.

Regards Howard :)

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.