Inno3d Geforce 7800 worth it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krillk

Im in a kind of tight spot..

I currently own a Geforce 6800 inside my
Dell Dimension 8400.. and of cause with all the new great games comeing out this year.. e.g. TES IV: Oblivion and Gothic 3
i want to Upgrade it..

Spec:
P4 530 3 Ghz w. HTT
Geforce 6800 256 MB PCIe
1024MB Samsung PC2-4200 533Mhz Ram

my problem is i can JUST affort a Geforce 7800 and one more Gb of those Samsung Ram atm... then im dry.. but will it help at all?.. i want to at least keep my computer running another year before i go and crash it completely.. i like my games beautifull.. so im wondering if ill be able to run beautifull games the next year? or if i should sell it all and start scrambeling together money for a whole new PC...

Help very appriciated!
TY in advance

Tough call.... are you unsatisfied with the performance you are having now in any way? That is a pretty good system you have....

I had a 6800GT last month, and upgraded to the 7800GT. I didn't really notice too much of a difference, as the 6800GT itself is a pretty powerful card and was able to run games at full settings. My FPS of course jumped up, but I really had nothing to complain about before the upgrade.

I'm leaning towards telling you to hold your cash for a while unless you are not happy with your 6800's performance in some way.

nah those specs will be fine for another year. Although you can probably only play newer games at medium settings or so. The 7800 GT is really going down reaching $250 now, so you can buy it in 1/2 a year for only...$200 probably. But hey, 6800 is still good.

I think youre mistaken.. the grafics card i currently have is simply called Geforce 6800.. not GT or anything.. and ive seen a GT at work.. its quite a lot better than mine.. and even besides that.. i wanna play with 4xAA as a minimum ^.^... mainly cause i like looking at smooth lines.. hmm.. i appriciate the help a lot.. but i need the upgrade.. i can run Fear yes.. but i wont go lower that "high" settings for Grafics.. though i dont play in highter Res. than 1280x1024.. hmm..

^.^

edit: just as a notice the Geforce 7800GT in Denmark (where i live) is really cheep atm..

Actually I knew you had a 6800 (not the GT). That is still a very nice card and nothing to sneeze at. I have never tried one for myself though, which was why I asked if you are unhappy with your performance.

But it sounds like you and I are similar. Must have the best. If you choose to upgrade, you'll love the 7800GT. It is an amazing card.

Thanks dude.. ok then.. i will just upgrade the Card and the Ram.. and then in a year ill just upgrade it to a monster.. (if the price of my car isnt going to put a big black hole in my budget ^.^) like.. ATI X2900XTX 1024 MB with the rate that grafics are expanding.. im surprised if that shouldnt be about right hehe.. anyway.. g'day to yall.. thanks for the help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back