Inspire 5.1 5300 wired remote

Status
Not open for further replies.
i purchased these speakers used and the wired remote was not included. does anyone know the pinout configuration for the din receptacle?

I called TechSupport (they are right here in Dublin where I live) and they don't have any info on that pin-layout. They suggested try it out using an Ohm-meter, bud did/could not say how.

I have the same speakers, but they are still (brandnew) in the box until after I redecorate my office at home.

Opened up the remote (was in a box underneath the woofer) and could establish that the metal hull of the din-plug is not connected to anywhere in the remote.
Looking at the plug from above, you see a plastic square and 6 pins in a circle. Starting from the right of that square I arbitrarily number the pins 1 thru 6.
Pin 1 Power in.
Pin 4 Power out (has power when on/off switch is ON)
Pins 2 and 3 are "Volume" control
Pins 5 and 6 are marked "Balance" between "R" (left on the remote) and "F" (right on the remote (I would assume this is a Fader rather than a balance)

I could not figure out how the pairs 2/3 and 5/6 should be exactly, but all you need to do is connect them to a potentiometer and you will know immediately.

Inside there are a number of resistors, but I can't see how they connect nor what values they are.

Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back