inspire 5.1 5300 wired remote

By mrvinny
Dec 13, 2003
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. i purchased these speakers used and the wired remote was not included. does anyone know the pinout configuration for the din receptacle?
  2. RealBlackStuff

RealBlackStuff Newcomer, in training Posts: 8,165

I called TechSupport (they are right here in Dublin where I live) and they don't have any info on that pin-layout. They suggested try it out using an Ohm-meter, bud did/could not say how.

I have the same speakers, but they are still (brandnew) in the box until after I redecorate my office at home.

Opened up the remote (was in a box underneath the woofer) and could establish that the metal hull of the din-plug is not connected to anywhere in the remote.
    Looking at the plug from above, you see a plastic square and 6 pins in a circle. Starting from the right of that square I arbitrarily number the pins 1 thru 6.
    Pin 1 Power in.
    Pin 4 Power out (has power when on/off switch is ON)
    Pins 2 and 3 are "Volume" control
    Pins 5 and 6 are marked "Balance" between "R" (left on the remote) and "F" (right on the remote (I would assume this is a Fader rather than a balance)

I could not figure out how the pairs 2/3 and 5/6 should be exactly, but all you need to do is connect them to a potentiometer and you will know immediately.

Inside there are a number of resistors, but I can't see how they connect nor what values they are.

Hope this helps.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.