Install Integrated Graphics

Status
Not open for further replies.
MAJOR PROBLEMS!

Ok.. after some troubles with a virus(es) I have had to do a complete restore of my computer. Here is some information.

Dell Dimension 3000
Microsoft XP Home Edition: Service Pack 2
Intel Pentium 4 3.00GHz
512 RAM
Intel Extreme Graphics 2

Anyways.. the problem that i am having is that, when i reinstalled windows, it doesn't seem to recognize the Intel Extreme Graphics card.

The only setting for size and color is 600x480 and 16-bit.

When i click advanced (under display properties [settings tab]) all of the Adapter information is blank.

I downloaded that driver that i was told to when i called the dell support.

If this is the correct driver.. im not quite sure how to install it. I NEED HELP!

If anyone can, help me out. Thanx

Try finding the Dell driver disk, should be blue. And place it into your system then go to video and find intel extreme graphics 2 drivers and then install it.

By the way dont listen much as to what Dell support techs have to say they really are clueless, I called a few times for somethings and I just gave up with them and fixed it myself.

no help

I did run what i downloaded and all that did was put all the files in a folder, but didnt really install the driver.

The only discs that I have that came with the computer are as follows:
*Reisntallation of Windows XP Home Edition
*The CD for my monitor (it says it has drivers, but when i put it in, it is just a big document)
*My Modem Drivers

Grr.. i really want to play Morrowind right now

Go to the Dell website and lookup all the drivers that are particular to your machine. If they aren't there, request a restore CD. You may have to buy it from them. Just remember that you will have to remove all the bloatware that comes along with it.

nope.

i already went and found the drivers that i need.. i downloaded them and ran the downloaded program to install them.. but it didnt install them.. i think i may have to do something with the device manager to update the driver but i dont know how.

Hello camaro_1978,

Just calm down and do the following:

- Download this: http://support.dell.com/support/dow...=1&vercnt=1&formatcnt=1&libid=6&fileid=137459
Do NOT run that now.

- Go to Add or Remove Programs under Control Panel to remove your old driver of video card. This is just to make sure you didn't install the wrong thing. Now restart your computer.

- Run the file you just downloaded. Restart your computer.

- If it didn't show up in anything larger than 800 x 600, go to Setting of Display Properties to change it to larger.

D.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back