Install separate OS

Status
Not open for further replies.

wamderlust

Hello,

I recently spend allot of time partitioning my HD and attempting to install a separate OS. After much trial and error I was finally able to resolve all issues and have completed the task at hand. I now have Win XP MCE on my orig. partition and Win XP Pro x64 on a separate 40Gig partition. I am running a 64bit processor, and the whole idea is to finally realize its full potential. Now, this may seem somewhat trivial to some, but when I boot on the x64 OS, I have no audio, the display looks like crap, and I can’t establish my always on internet connection. I can imagine that it probably has to do with the OEM drivers (makes me think I know a little about this stuff), but I can't figure it out thus far. How can I make the new OS usable the same way my orig. OEM OS is?
Thanks for any help!!

If you want to play with a Beta-Vista, I'm afraid you're on your own.
Finished M$ products can be bad enough, but we're not Gatesy's guinea pigs for free!
Go hunt around for the missing drivers on the internet, you won't find them here.
Vista won't be out till 2007 at the earliest, and then you should really wait till Vista-SP1 comes out before you install it. Until then, I'd wipe that beta-crap and put music on it instead!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back