Installation of Linux

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question, i am installing Lunix on my desktop, i want to dual boot windows Me and linux, (Me wasn't my choice) how would i be able to do that? also is it possible to share an internet connection on a LAN network when the server is using linux and the clients are all Windows Me or 95?

p.S how woul di be able to install counter strike on to linux?

Welcome to 3ds forums...

I don't think there is currently a port of Half Life: Counter strike for linux...
I might be wrong...
I suggest you take a look at the site FAQ (check my signature) for details about posting here. There are dedicated OS forums, this post will most likely be moved to there :)

Installing Linux for the first time (Dual boot

Also try out the search feature (top right of the page) as you will find a plethora of information about Linux in the forums ;)

If dual booting with Windows 9x (i.e. 98 or ME) and Linux, then its perhaps better to write LILO into the MBR during installation and use that as your boot manager. It should automatically detect the presence of Windows and add an entry for it there. It will probably be marked DOS. The rest of the installation instructions still apply from my installing linux thread.

also is it possible to share an internet connection on a LAN network when the server is using linux and the clients are all Windows Me or 95?

Yes, of course it is. However you will have to do some configuration here and there. I suggest a much better aquaintence with installing and using linux before you try something like that.

Re: Welcome to 3ds forums...

Originally posted by Arris I don't think there is currently a port of Half Life: Counter strike for linux...
I might be wrong...
No, not for Linux but it runs perfectly under Wine (Wine Is Not an Emulator).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back