TechSpot

Installation of Linux

By ironlynxtk
Mar 20, 2002
  1. Question, i am installing Lunix on my desktop, i want to dual boot windows Me and linux, (Me wasn't my choice) how would i be able to do that? also is it possible to share an internet connection on a LAN network when the server is using linux and the clients are all Windows Me or 95?

p.S how woul di be able to install counter strike on to linux?

2. Arris

Arris TS Evangelist Posts: 4,628   +113

Welcome to 3ds forums...

I don't think there is currently a port of Half Life: Counter strike for linux...
    I might be wrong...
    I suggest you take a look at the site FAQ (check my signature) for details about posting here. There are dedicated OS forums, this post will most likely be moved to there :)

Installing Linux for the first time (Dual boot)

Also try out the search feature (top right of the page) as you will find a plethora of information about Linux in the forums ;)

3. Phantasm66

Phantasm66 TS Rookie Posts: 6,504   +6

If dual booting with Windows 9x (i.e. 98 or ME) and Linux, then its perhaps better to write LILO into the MBR during installation and use that as your boot manager. It should automatically detect the presence of Windows and add an entry for it there. It will probably be marked DOS. The rest of the installation instructions still apply from my installing linux thread.

Yes, of course it is. However you will have to do some configuration here and there. I suggest a much better aquaintence with installing and using linux before you try something like that.

4. Mictlantecuhtli

Mictlantecuhtli TS Evangelist Posts: 4,919   +9

Re: Welcome to 3ds forums...

No, not for Linux but it runs perfectly under Wine (Wine Is Not an Emulator).

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.