Installation of printer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

greenpea

not sure if this is the right place to post this so forgive me if im mistaking.

i recently got a printer (hp photosmart p1000) and the installation cd does not work, as in it says that ...the system requirements are not fullfilled or something along those lines. i downloaded the installation of the drive from the internet which was supposed to work with xp (which is what i have) but it does not.
pardon me for expressing myself a bit weirdly, i dont know the proper terms for those things so i hope you know what i mean.
any ideas what i can do?
thanks.

This didnt help...
i followed the instuctions, disconnected the printer, installed 3511_enu_w2k_xp_release.exe and after it finished istalling it just made a 'bing' sound and that was all there was. so i tried to install it using the cd and it says that "the driver is not supported on widnows 2000" eventhough i have xp. if i then connect the printer, the 'new...object was found" thing pops up (i use usb) and if i then try to run the installation of new software/blah thing it tells me that some INF-file cannot be found .....
i ahve no idea what this all is about D=

In the printer folder, right-click on the name of the printer and then click Properties.

Click the Ports tab.

What does it show for connection? LPT1 or USB ?

edit : I should clarify, that's the printer folder in Control panel

it says USB
appearently what my problem is is that im missing the setup information... so im missing a *.inf file...

thank you for helping me

So, did it finally install?

You know that is a zip file and needs to be unzipped first, right?

You gotta check carefully where it says it is going to unzip to so you can help Windoze find it.

:)

im not completely new with computers, its just here i dont understand what the problem is. the file was not a zip file, it was just .exe . after it installed nothing happend AT ALL so no, it didnt install itself. i tried everything there is possibly to try.

so whats with that .inf file? do you have any idea?

aaah it works now.
i got the installation for windows ME .....
i wonder why this works so on xp.

thanks for your time

Usually when a site says a file needs unzipping I believe it is a zip - in this case they used an old instruction set it appears - In many cases 2000 and xp can use the same drivers - this is a weirdness that their xp driver doesn't work in this case; nice you sorted it out anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back