Installation of SATA hdd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello I am new to this site, I have been reading some advice people have given to others queries and problems. I a problem of my own, I have 2 IDE hdd at the moment and I am currently installing a SATA hdd, not as the os but as storage for downloads. I am trying to change my hdd around as I have currently in my pc two IDE hdd a 120gb os and 250gb slave. I am trying to install 500gb SATA as storage,I have formatted the new drive, partitioned it also,I have started copying files over from slave hdd.
The new SATA drive is showing as a healthy and active drive in device management. Yet my computer is acting like its a removable drive, ie it is has the icon in bottom left corner to say safely remove hardware. Now obviuosly i don't want to remove the hdd as I want it as an internal drive.
So does anyone know how to sort this out so that it is not asking me if I would like to remove the drive
thanks
Adam.

I've seen this, forget exactly why some computers do this and others don't. Something with how the drive is connected hardware wise and or related to how the BIOS treats it. It is normal to see this though.

Does that mean that I should just forget the symbol is there asking if I want to safely remove drive or is there a way of fixing it in the bios setup?

Seen this before also. have not heard of any problems caused by this so....enjoy your big hard drive :)

just for grins try removing the slave IDE one time than boot up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back