installed a video card that worked before but not no more?

Status
Not open for further replies.

0maga6

Hi im new here so hi everyone
well my problem is this
i have two cpu's one with a 9800 pro and the other with a 9600xt
no my 9800 pro's fan died or it was going slow i should say
so i took it out and put it in the one with the 9600xt to see if it was a psu problem.
well it turn out it was the fan so i got a new one and its fine now
so now for the big problem on the cpu with the 9600xt it worked fine before installing the 9800 pro and by installing i mean just taking the 9600xt out and sticking the other 9800pro in without instaling any drivers i didnt let it boot all the way to windows just to the post to see if the fan worked well now when i stick in the 9600xt all i see is black and it dosent say no signal for the monitor just black so i took the 9600xt and put it in the cpu that the 9800pro was in and it works fine any clue as to why its doing this i tryed reseting the bios ie taking the batteri out and moving the jumpers but this did not work im at a lost i dont think i could of fried the agp slot never heard of that happing
anywho any help would be great thanks in advance.

0maga6

boot the machine in safe mode, uninstall the praphics card. then reinstall the card when windows reboots normally.

f8

i tryed that but i cant see nothing not even the post like i said before its not the card cuz it works fine in my other cpu the one that had the 9800pro
and the cpu that had the 9600xt was working fine it all went down hill after i took the 9600xt out and stuck the 9800pro in then when i put the 9600xt in i cant see nothing i can hear it boot up fine and i dont get the monitor thing saying no siglnle like when your cpu is not seeing a vid card its just black.

HI i REALY need SOME help!!! GAMER IN NEED!!! plz

well my problem is this
so i took it out and put it in the one with the 9600xt to see if it was a psu problem.
so now for the big problem on the cpu with the 9600xt it worked fine before installing the 9800 pro and by installing i mean just taking the 9600xt out and sticking the other 9800pro in without instaling any drivers i didnt let it boot all the way to windows just to the post to see if the fan worked well now when i stick in the 9600xt all i see is black and it dosent say no signal for the monitor just black so i took the 9600xt and put it in the cpu that the 9800pro was in and it works fine any clue as to why its doing this i tryed reseting the bios ie taking the batteri out and moving the jumpers but this did not work im at a lost i dont think i could of fried the agp slot never heard of that happing
:( :( :( :(

hi

no when i turn it on all i see is black no post nothing i tryed guessing and hit f8
and then down and enter then enter again for chossing the os but it never gave me any pic or was able to see anything

!!!!!GAMER in need of HELP plz help me.!!!!!!!!!

well my problem is this
ps no i cant get into safe mode as i cant see anything not even the post i see nothing at all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back