Installed Canary but made a mistake uninstalling it

learninmypc

In another thread Google Canary was mentioned as an alternative to chrome so I decided to try it.
I didn't care for it so I used revo to uninstall it. In the process of revo uninstalling it, I decided to minimize the progress bar, I clicked the - to minimize it but it totally disappeared :(. I ended up using Task Manager to stop revo & then I went to my C Drive>Program Files & saw nothing there so I went to C Drive >Program files (86) but still nothing. Its not in Programs & features & so I downloading it again but installation failed. I tried a system restore but that failed too. It is time to ignore it & move on or ??? :)

I had to reinstall it & for unknown reasons revo wouldn't remove it so I had to go into Programs & Features & remove it that way. I hope ALL of it is gone. :)

IMO, the first choice for 'a removal' is the Programs & Features in the Control Panel, then the Uninstall that's in the product Program Files directory (btw: this is the one launched from Programs & Features) - - who knows a product better than those that produced it! Products like revo came about when there were tidbits left in the registry and/or AppDat and once in a while these interfered with a reinstall.

Ok, I was going to ask which way is the best. I was told a long time ago revo did the best. Thank you :)

Back