installed DirectX 9.0c . . . computer now crashes and restarts!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bonzo341

Hello all,

Yesterday, I installed DirectX 9.0c in an effort (albeit a misguided one) to get a game to run better. However, it has totally messed up my system. Every time Windows launches, a blue screen flashes (too quickly to read whatever it says), and then my system resets. It happens when I try to enter via Safe Mode, also.

For what it's worth, my computer sports a Pentium 1.7, GeForce 2, and Windows 2000 PE.

I would greatly appreciate any assistance! Thank you for your time and patience.

Best regards,

Matt Jaynes

Geforce2 cards are only DX7 cards and dont support ANY Dx9 capabilities. it should run with DX9 installed but it isnt going to give you any real benefits.

Since you cant even boot into safe mode you are probably looking at having to reinstall windows.

I appreciate your insight, iss. That's about what I figured would be my only solution. Thanks for your help.

Best,

Matt

instead of completely reinstalling i think you can repair the installation. dont do the first repair though (i think that is called the repair console), press esc, f8, then do that repair, i think you can keep your files and such that way although you might have to update windows again

bobbyh, I appreciate the response. That method is indeed the route I chose, and all is now well with my machine (in relative terms). Thanks for your help, folks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back