Installed new cpu adn motherboard and get blank monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.
hello and i hope someone here can help me, i just bought an amd athlon 64 3000 newcastle core socket 754, that came bundled with a gigabyte k8u socket 754 motherboard and i put in everything i have a 300 watt power supply and an ati radion 9600 graphics card i plugged in teh computer for the first time with the new parts and i got no display on the monitor, now since the monitor plugs in through the graphics card im thiinkings that for somereason its not being recognized? well im stumped adn i really want to use my new parts so can someone please help me

Can you give more details about what is happening when you power on?

Are you getting any beeps? Fans spinning?

I am wondering if the ram you have is compatible with the new motherboard.

well i called tech support line and after doing about 50 tests over the phone with some lady who i could barly understand she confirmed i had a bad cpu and or mobo so now i returned it but when i reinstalled my old asus a7n266-vm/aa an amd athlon 1800 now all i get is a computer that starts for about 5 seconds then shuts off, i have no idea what is wrong and i think i installed everything correctly, no loose connections or anything someone please help me out with this it was working fine untill i messed with it . :(

if i hold down the restart button it will keep running but if i let it go 5 seconds later its shuts off again, if i just hold it in i get no display on moniter tho

Did you use the "riser pins" when you installed the new motherboard (and also when you put your old motherboard back in)?

Are you sure that you fan is properly plugged in and working? If the fan doesn't cool the CPU, the computer will boot for a nano second and shut down because the CPU heats up so fast.

Meanwhile I checked here because I took the same mobo out of one case where it was working and tried to install it in a better case.

No no power up. I am looking for a mother board diagram as to how the power led , switch etc is suppose dto be configured and it is hard to find, and of course those tiny tiny letters are hard to read. I should start another thread, but sinc eyou have the same board, I thought I would ask.

anyone have any suggestions it works now it was the voltage switch on the bakc but i still have no video output the moniter stays blank with the options to make the screen bigger or brighter but i cant select anything?

Which one are you trying to get working now? The new gigabyte k8u board or the old a7n266-vm/aa?

Also, what EXACTLY is the message you get on your screen?

I had the same problem MAKE sure you didnt put your fan on wrong, it had a sensor to make sure the fan is there, DOUBLe check this. I have seen this a bunch. There is a wrong and a right way to put the CPU fan in. both seem to work.

Plus make sure you have standoffs and that your motherboad is grounded!

im trying to get the asus to work. no its not shorting out and the fan could be a possibility but no matter wich way i put it it does the same thing so i do not think its that. the message i get on the screen is the same one as if the moniter is not plugged into anything its a blue box with smaller boxes for changing the size and whatnot

Did you put new thermal paste between the CPU and heatsink, or are you trying to use the same pad/paste that was on before you took it out?

lol. I think we found your problem. ;)

Reseat the heatsink on the CPU with some NEW thermal paste. I never re-use thermal pads/paste after I have broken the seal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back