Installed Omega drivers...intense games choppy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tranq

I just installed omega drivers for my ATI X800 Pro PCI-E yesterday and games like counterstrike run fine and obviously the desktop is fine but i play need for speed underground 2 and it's really choppy...vsync is off in-game and in video settings...im sure all the settings are right...am i supposed to have the ATI display driver installed as well or something? im not sure...my p4 prescott 3.4 ghz runs at 63 C when im playing the game...that's not enough to start throttling so im not sure...i also recently installed a power supply (the same exact one as the one i had prior to it...the other one just fried) and unfortunately i never tried to play the game with the ATI drivers after instaling the power supply but before that with the normal ATI drivers the game ran smooth with everything on full

Thanks in advance

The Omega drivers are heavily optimized ATI drivers. Anytime you optimize something, other things are bound to have problems. :)

It may be something as simple as a setting the Omega drivers change to increase performance on MOST games, or it may be that the game will never run properly using Omega drivers. If that's the case, you might want to switch back to the ATI catalysts. There's a fairly new set out.. www.ati.com

Thanks Rick...yea i have now switched back to the catalyst drivers but it's still choppy...it's like the card has lost all of it's performance...when ever i get into the city where there's a lot of detail it starts getting choppy...maybe it's because i didnt run driver cleaner after uninstalling the omegas? i dont konw...is it possible that the card isnt getting enough power ?

GOD...in cs source in the Valve video stress test i got an average of 43.5 FPS!!!!!!! before this new power supply i had 90!!!what is going on!!! this is really ticking me off...i spent $425 on this video card and i find out it performs as bad as my old 9000 pro

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back