TechSpot

Installed Vista Home Premium, Internet Not Working?!

By British_Command
Jun 20, 2007
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I have just installed Windows Vista Home Premium (A free upgrade via DELL), and basically it says I am connected to my network but I am not able to actually browse through the internet on either Firefox and IE7. I understand many people have been having this problem and I have seen a few solutions which didn't seem that they would work for me (opening ports!?). Please help??!

Any Help Appreciated,
    British_Command
  2. British_Command

British_Command TechSpot Enthusiast Topic Starter Posts: 224

If any people s see.

Right could it possibly be that I haven't used this cd called the 'DELL DVD VISTA UPGRADE ASSISTANT', I thought the assistant would just point out recommended options during the installing of Vista. But when I run the CD, I used explore and found 'DRIVERS' for Network, Synactics, Audio etc. It said to use that CD before the installation but being the ***** I am I go ahead and install it...

Quite possibly why my internet browser isn't working? Maybe...
  3. DellCA

DellCA Newcomer, in training Posts: 27

I just found this thread and wanted to see if you have already gotten things working. From your second post I assume you have, but wanted to make sure.

Larry
    Dell Customer Advocate
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.