Installing a New Hard Drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

hatcht

I am installing a Western Digital Caviar WD2500 EIDE Hard Drive 250 GB, in a Dell Optiplex GX150, w/ an Intel Pentuim III 1ghz Biso version A09 Cash 256. My problem is that it is not recongnizing the capacity of the drive all it show is 71MG. How do I get it to recongnize the whole 250 GB drive? So that I can install the OS. Thanks in advance for any help

hatcht said:
I am installing a Western Digital Caviar WD2500 EIDE Hard Drive 250 GB, in a Dell Optiplex GX150, w/ an Intel Pentuim III 1ghz Biso version A09 Cash 256. My problem is that it is not recongnizing the capacity of the drive all it show is 71MG. How do I get it to recongnize the whole 250 GB drive? So that I can install the OS. Thanks in advance for any help

What OS are you using? only windows xp with service paxk 1 will recognize a drive that big. you may also have to upgrade your bios to a newer version.

Thanks for the reply, I am installing a new hard drive, no OS yet. The BIOS is Phoenix 1.10 A09, it probably needs an update, but I go into setup, F2, but can not see the info I need about the BIOS to add to the website to get the update. thanks again, and have a great thanksgiving!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back