Installing a Radeon 9250 into a T5026 eMachine

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got a bit of a problem. When i through in my new graphics card and start up the PC i get to the end of the dos start up and then the screen blacks out and acts as if there is nothing there. I have all the software installed i still can't get the damm thing to work. should i just uninstall the software and start from scratch. Or could it be my Moniter drivers? Could use any advice you could give me thanks.

Did you install the software before you installed the card? Exactly what happens when you turn it on? Monitors don't need drivers, they are "plug and play". Is the card agp or pci?

I installed the software after the putting in the card. it went through it all and when it restarted, with the software and drivers installed, the Pc would go through all the bios and then when windows would start up the screen itself would not come on. it would be on through the bios though, then turn off. not exactly sure what going on with it, but could it be the something i forgot to do?

PCI to AGP ok thanks for that, and since i have the software already on the PC, all i need to do is reinsert the Card and switch it to the AGP, got it... i hope

T5026

The T5026 doesn't have an AGP slot...I have the same machine. I'm just trying too find what's the best video card too get for it. No AGP slots....

James

Data98, some good pci cards are the 5700le 128bit, 5500 128bit, and 5600 128 bit. The 5600 is best, but not as easy to find. Here's one for sale though. They also have a 256mb version that's slightly better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back