Installing English progs in Japanese Vista Home Premium

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yohane

Firstly I would like to congratulate you on this excellent forum. I have learnt a lot.

I bought a new HP Pavilion V Series (v7080jp)
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU 6400 @ 2.13 GHz
4gb RAM
with Japanese Vista Home Premium (32bit) installed several weeks ago now.

I had problems with the first pc and the pc shop said that it was a system problem so they replaced it. I reinstalled all my programs that I used under Xp - after checking that they were Vista compatible. A similar problem to the first pc returned. After several restore to factory settings, I started installing with the sheer essentials like, Firefox (Japanese), Office 2007 Ultimate (Japanese), Windows Mobile 6 (also Japanese). So far no problem The original problem with sleep mode hasn't appeared again.

I want to use the following English progs which I have been using in Japanese XP without any problem.

Acronis True Image Home v.11
Adobe Photoshop CS3, Illustrator CS3, Dreamweaver CS3
Hallmark Card Studio 2008
Broderbund The Printshop ProPublisher Deluxe version 22.

I know that I can install one by one and take pot luck. However, I was wondering whether there are any known problems with installing English progs onto a Japanese Vista pc?

Thanking you in advance.

Hi there-

Although I cannot address your problem directly, I can tell you that I never had any problems installing English progams onto Chinese windows.

Thanks Johnhenry. However, you didnt mention Vista in specific. As I mentioned above, I didnt have any problem under XP either. But Im still wondering what was the cause of the sleep problem. I know now that it is a common problem and difficult to pinpoint. I found that my printer was definately causing problems.

I'm sorry, Yohane. I didn't read closely enough, and missed that your question was with regards to Vista.

I find it hard to believe that programs being in a different language would lead to any 'sleep' problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back