Installing GTA Vice City

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am attempting to install GTA Vice Citry on my PC.
As instructed I inserted the installation disc - it installs for a couple of minutes but then I run into trouble. I get a message "Set up needs the next disc" - " Please insert disk 2 that contains the file audio\ambsil.MP.3". The only second disc I have is the "Play " disk. So I put it in . There's lots of whirrings and stuff and I left it in for about ten minutes but nothing happened. I don't understand what this second disk request is about - I don't appear to have the second disc the computer wants.

I'm also told to "select the installation folder" (as an alternative to putting in the second disk) when I go into browse, but I don't know what to select.
I appear to be trying to install "GTA Vice City Radio Station".

PLEASE help. It's been 2 hours since I tried to install the thing. I can't believe I've messed this up

You could try a custom installation of the software without whatever components you are missing. I haven't done this with GTA, but several other apps I own required missing files, which I bypassed in this method.

I did get it running. Something must have crashed when I originally put the second disk in but on a third attempt it got installed. I must have done something wrong on the first attempts-which seems impossible I know-but there it is.
Thanx for your time.
DOH! DOUBLE DOH!:blush: :blush: :blush:

help me also

i have recently uninstalled gta vice city ,now when i try to install it the installation program tells asks me weather i want to uninstall gta vice city i clicked uninstall and after that when i try to install it i get the same message. please help and sometimes it asks me to insert disk o. please help.thanks

Play disk doesn't work

Okay. I have the game completely installed and everything went off without a hitch. But when I try to run it, it asks for the play CD. I've tried putting in both the play CD and the installation CD and neither work. Any suggestions? Thanks.

clear data

india321 said:
i have recently uninstalled gta vice city ,now when i try to install it the installation program tells asks me weather i want to uninstall gta vice city i clicked uninstall and after that when i try to install it i get the same message. please help and sometimes it asks me to insert disk o. please help.thanks

this happens if the previous installation is not unistalled properly, to get around try removing the folder manually and also registry entries. they will available in regedit just search for gta vice city.

data2.cab

Nur5 said:
when i install vice city they tell me data.2cab.plz help me

Dear Nur5,

Nobody can help you with this data.*cab., if you install data2.cab, it will go on asking for data3.cab, data4.cab.... so on, actually the installation CD should have all the data*.cab.files. The 2nd CD of the vice city you have is corrupt one. You get a new one and you can run it on win98(I think you are using win98). If you are using winXP it can be installed easily.

Ranjeet

Same "Play" CD problem

onetimeonly21 said:
Okay. I have the game completely installed and everything went off without a hitch. But when I try to run it, it asks for the play CD. I've tried putting in both the play CD and the installation CD and neither work. Any suggestions? Thanks.

I am having the same exact problem. When I go to run the game after installing it, it asks for the "Vice_City_Play" CD. But when I put it in, it asks for it again. I've tried both CD's that I have and none of them work. I also have another small problem while installing it. When installation is just about finished, it says: "CRC error: The file C:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\Grand Theft Auto Vice City\Audio\WILD.adf doesn't match the file in the setup's .cab file. The medium from which you are running the setup may be corrupted; contact your software vendor." It gives me the options "Abort," "Retry," and "Ignore" and I click on "Ignore" after the "Retry" button didn't do anything. I think maybe it will just pass, but I haven't been able to test the game yet because of my first problem with the CD's. Please help!!!

Pls Help

I have already played GTA VC game on my current laptop. But today when iam trying to install it again, iam getting this error.

Error Code: -5009 : 0x80004002
Error Information:
>Ctor\ObjectWrapper.cpp (389)
>Kernel\Component.cpp (875)
>Ctor\ObjectWrapper.cpp (34)
>Ctor\DriverWrapper.cpp (31)
>Kernel\Component.cpp (864)
>Kernel\CABFile.cpp (263)
>SetupDLL\SetupDLL.cpp (1611)
PAPP:Grand Theft Auto:Vice City
PVENDOR:Rockstar Games (http://www.rockstarnorth.com)
PGUID:4B35F00C-E63D-40DC-9839-DF15A33EAC46
$7.1.100.1248
@Windows XP Service Pack 2 (2600) BT_OTHER 55280.19

Anyone can help?? I would be highly thankful to them. :approve:

PS: I have original game CD.

i have the same prob as striker

i need help also

here ill post mines too

i cannot install gta for some reason now because when i try to start the setup it says this

Error Code: -5005 : 0x8007000d
Error Information:
>Kernel\KernelMedia.cpp (94)
>SetupDLL\SetupDLL.cpp (1594)
PAPP:Grand Theft Auto:Vice City
PVENDOR:Rockstar Games (http://www.rockstarnorth.com)
PGUID:4B35F00C-E63D-40DC-9839-DF15A33EAC46
$7.1.100.1248
@Windows XP Service Pack 2 (2600) IE 6.0.2900.2180

i need help because this is really pissing me off please and thank you

Hey
when i open vice city it says start game,load game,blah,blah,blah
when i load my game a message pops up saying file is corupetted
how do i fix this or how do i get a crack

lol never knew vice city was so buggy

right well ive had it working perfectly on xp sp1

i noticed one of you guys had SP2 running

so id start by searching for gta:vc patches on google or something

theres usually a patch out there .. this may cure your problem

with boot issues

if you own the game than the only suggestion is that you get a no cd exe file from a website e.g. game copy world

they usually have fixed iso.s to be run with apps like deamon tools etc

GCW also provide links to no cd exe's

good luck

hehe, my favorite website, resu....

Been using it a while now...

Also, I never knew there was ANY game this buggy aside from Star Wars: Battle for Naboo which costs 25C.

hehe

good ol star wars games

my pet game hate would be pod racer ... could get it to run eventually but with out any of the pods actually loading up

so i was racing against invisible pods lol

never mind

ill find it for the n64 :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back