Installing IE6 over IE7

Status
Not open for further replies.
I installed IE 7 awhile back and have a blog I post to:

http://www.cheeseandbeer.com

Problem is, a friend said it wasn't displaying right in IE6. Looks fine in IE7 and Firefox, which are the 2 browsers I can view with.

I wanted to install IE6, but it won't let me, saying I have a newer version. My question(s):

Is there a way to have 2 versions of IE installed?
If not, is there a way to revert to IE 6 without uninstalling 7 first and losing bookmarks and such?
Is there, maybe, a way to just simulate IE6 in maybe a Firefox plugin or IE plugin? That would be ideal.
Are there QA tools that will let you view your site through different versions of browsers?

Thanks

scott

Hello, welcome to TechSpot. :wave:

The only way I know to do it is to uninstall IE7, because then IE6 should still be there; check your stuff; and then reinstall IE7. I'm not sure whether IE7's bookmarks and stuff would go back to IE6 or not; is your page encoded in XHTML or something?

Regards :)

When you install IE7, IE6 actually isn't removed at all! Instead it gets moved to the '%windir%\ie7' folder.
(probably C:\Windows\ie7\ in your case)

To run IE6, go to Start -> Run and type this in: c:\windows\ie7\iexplore.exe

To be honest, I'm not sure about whether it uses the IE7 or IE6 rendering engine, but try it and see if there is a difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back