Installing New Drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

kr4zy goat

i just realized i didn't have the newest drivers for the gigabyte radeon 9600 pro. so i went to the site and d/l the new driver for it. and then i installed it, but the build version didn't change, so i uninstalled the old vga driver, and reinstalled the new driver, but things got messed up. clearly, i'm not the most knowledgable when it comes to computers, so if anyone knows a way i can completely erase all my old drivers and reinstall the new drivers that i downloaded. i want a clean reinstall of the new drivers...so please, if anyone has any links on how to do that, or step by step directions, it would be much appreciated. i have windows Xp sp2.

kr4zy goat said:
i just realized i didn't have the newest drivers for the gigabyte radeon 9600 pro. so i went to the site and d/l the new driver for it. and then i installed it, but the build version didn't change, so i uninstalled the old vga driver, and reinstalled the new driver, but things got messed up.
What do you mean by "things got messed up", what happened? What driver version does it show, the latest is 5.3.

To uninstall your drivers, first download Driver Cleaner. The go to add/remove and uninstall both the Control Panel and the Display Drivers. Then reboot into safe mode, and run Driver Cleaner. First run the Cab Cleaner, be patient, it will take a while and you will think nothing is happening. Next run the driver cleaner, be sure to select ATi, it should be pretty quick doing this. After that, reboot and install you new drivers, and control panel if you downloaded it seperately.

i have the catalyst 5.3 drivers, i meant i d/l the giga-byte driver for windows xp, the r96p128de driver, version 8.082...i originally had the first version b2004.17.04 or w/e it was. so i just d/l the new one and installed it. and thats how things got messed up i believe. so then i uninstalled vga driver utility from gigabyte and installed the new driver again, but now i cant find the utility manager.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back