Installing Sound Driver Problems (Multimedia Audio Controller)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Y

YummyBlaBla

Hi, I am currently having a problem installing my audio driver.
I recently reformatted my computer, before it had sound, after, it doesn't.

My specs are:
Windows XP Professional (build 2600)

2.67 gigahertz Intel Pentium 4
8 kilobyte primary memory cache
512 kilobyte secondary memory cache

SiS 900-Based PCI Fast Ethernet Adapter

Board: ASUSTeK Computer INC. P4S8X-X REV 1.xx
Bus Clock: 133 megahertz
BIOS: Award Software, Inc. ASUS P4S8X-X ACPI BIOS Revision 1005 Beta 001 10/31/2003

NVIDIA GeForce3 [Display adapter]
Default Monitor

Multimedia Audio Controller (Problem)
Standard Game Port

First of all, whenever I load Windows, an icon on the bottom right hand corner pops up with "Add Hardware - Multimedia Audio Controller". After that fades out, "Realtek AC97 Audio" pops up.

Here are the things I've done:
1. Downloaded AC97 driver from Realtek. I've attempted to install, but on "alcchkid.exe", my system crashes and reboots itself.
2. I tried manually installing the driver from Add hardware. Same thing has happened. On "alcchkid.exe", the system crashes and reboots itself.
3. In my BIOS, my onboard sound has only 1 option.
Onboard AC97 Audio Controller and it gives me the options "Disable" and "Auto". There is no enable so it doesn't work.
4. I also tried Safe Mode to install the AC97 driver. This time, on "alcchkid.exe", it takes a couple of minutes to install, lagging up the system. Trying this manually on Add Hardware and the Driver Installer, after restarting the computer, I load up Windows and it gives me the blue screen of death, which says that "Windows has stopped to prevent system damage. This might be caused by your recent hardware changes".
5. Updated BIOS. Still doesn't work.
6. Done the "Uninstall -> Boot -> Install" (Code 10), still doesn't work.
7. Tried SiS 7018 Audio Driver, but it doesn't work.

Some insightful analysis would be nice as I can't really function without sound.

*EDIT*
Nevermind, I looked up ASUS and found the Audio driver for my motherboard. It was just under my nose and I couldn't see it lol. You guys can delete this thread ._.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back