Installing windows from a partition

Status
Not open for further replies.

michael_keen

Hi
I want to clean my hard drive and the computer does not have any discs and I have been told that all the relevent imfomation is stored on a partition on the hard drive can anyone tell me how to format the hard drive and re install windows etc from the partition

Michael

If you are talking about a recovery partition, then you run that and it will restore your computer to orginal status just like when you bought it.

Hi TypeX45
Thanks for replying. Yes that is what I want to do restore to original status when purchased, As a novice to computers can you advise me on how to do this operation.

Michael

Usually you start with Reading The Friendly Manual.

We can't help you if you don't tell us what kind of computer it is.

Hi Nodsu

Thank you for your input. I have been given this computer and have no Manuels be-it friendly or otherwise, I was told you can install from the recovery partition and just wanted to know how to do this procedure

Michael

Most of the time it gives you an option like F10 or F11 depending on the model and brand during start up to recover from that partition. Also you can go into the operating system and actually burn some disc with make recovery disc program. This will basically copy that recovery partition to disc and just run the disc. I believe the program is in start>programs.

Surely there are some markings on the machine, indiating the brand and the type..

If you go to rt on My computer - manage - Storage - Disk Management, you will see your recovery partition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back