Installing xp lots of problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zilliak

So vista failed and im tired of it so im going back to xp problem is both of my diskdrives wont recognize the disk it doestn eve napear so i put in my vista disk it skips rite over it as if its not there now when i first built this computer it would recognize any disk i put inthere now it wont recognize anything how can i put xp back on there

Make sure in your bios that you have it to boot to the disk drive. Also if your hard drives are sata drives, make sure to place them in IDE mode in the bios, if your trying to install XP.

You'll get more help if you used some grammar, spelling, and punctuation. Just saying.

Sounds like you need to make sure that your hard drive is set to the boot drive in the BIOS, as gavinseabrook said.

sorry kind of in a rush but the thign is i did that i set them to boot from cd and i get a please select correct media and press a key to continue and im using a dell disk to put xp on there, both of the disks are dell disks, ive used them to reinstall before just like this but there not working now its weird any ideas

If you have a spare cd drive, you might want to try using that. If it is not recognizing either disk, that usually means it could be the drive.

well i tried both cd and dvd and tehy work i also tried it on ym laptop the cd works i think there has to do with something on my pc, its just weird idk if theres anythign anyone can off it would be nice because ti jsut wont recognize my cd's like itw ont evenlook at them it completly skims over it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back