TechSpot

Installing XP on HP Pavillion DV9205TX

By dom3335
Apr 20, 2007
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi

I recently purchased a HP Pavillion dv9205tx running vista. I want to run a dual boot with XP.
    I have installed XP on another partition on the laptop.

The problem I am having is that It did not install drivers for heaps of devices. I just want to be able to get onto the internet so I can do automatic install for the unkown devices but I cant even get onto the net. I found i driver for the network controller and installed it but I can still not get any internet access. The only other device in device manager with a yellow questions mark next to it that I think I may need is the ethernet controller? Do I need this and if so where can I get a driver for it?
    I have tried hp but they said they dont support xp on this machine(I even downloaded all the drivers from the hp website for xp on this machine before i installed so this problem wouldnt happen).
    Has anyone installed xp on this machine? Can I please get some help?
    Here is the list of things with yellow question marks next to them in device manager still:
    Base system device
    Base system device
    Base system device
    Ethernet controller
    hp integrated moduel
    pci device
    pci device
    sm bus controller
    usb device
    video controller (I know I have a geforce go 7600 but cant find any drivers that work for that either)

Can someone PLEASE help me with installing these devices. Is there anyway I can find out what brand and model each of these devices are so I can find a driver that works?

Kind Regards,
    Nathan

2. raybay

raybay TS Evangelist Posts: 10,716   +6

You can download software that will inventory your machine at www.belarc.com. It is free.
    Then all the drivers for WXP are available for the DV9205TX at www.hp.com under drivers and downloads.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.