InstallShield Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

ricvai7

Recently i tried to uninstall one of my program via add/remove program but it failed to do so. I believe its because of InstallShield problem from what i read in internet. I also face the same problem installing ANY applications/games using InstallShied Wizard. I went to this site and downloaded the ISScript engine for the version of the setup file and still failed to install the application. I tried to update InstallShield version 9.1.0.429 last night, the installation was aborted because of same error.

Last night i tried to install C&C Generals, the version of the setup file is 7.10.101.0, so i went to installshield site and download ISScript7.zip. I managed to install the script without any problem, after rebooting nothing has changed tho, still cant install/uninstall anything.

Here's the error images.

Error1.jpg

Error-1.jpg

After clicking OK, the installation failed to continue and aborted. Maybe my Tuneup utilities messed up with registry keys i dun know.

So what do you think ? OS is XP service pack 2. I googled for information for days and did all the solutions given still no avail. I tried Windows Installer CleanUp Utility but its only works with softwares that used the Windows Installer technology to be installed. I really blank now.. :(

Thx !

I remember seeing a thread on these forums dealing with an install shield problem, a while ago.
That person tried everything,and some,then ended up reinstalling the OS.

Do you have a System Restore point far enough back ? Miracles occasionally happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back