TechSpot

Instant Messaging

By Dilmog
Aug 21, 2005
Post New Reply
  1. Hey everyone, i thought it would be cool if everyone who looks at this post just writes down their screen name and type of instant messenger so that us, the people at techspot can all get to know each other a little better, and have good communications with each other. THX!

2. Spike

Spike TS Rookie Posts: 2,371

Those who want to others to be able to IM them have already made these available through their profiles. Nice thought though :D

3. smtkr

smtkr TS Rookie Posts: 138

IRC Chat room

4. Dilmog

Dilmog TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 148

how do i make it so that people can access my screen name through my profile? cuz ive seen people who you can click on the little aol guy and then it tells you what their screen name is. how do i do that?

5. Didou

Didou Bowtie extraordinair! Posts: 5,899

User Profile -> Edit Profile -> Instand Messaging

6. Mikael

Mikael TS Rookie Posts: 282

Click the little orange guy to find out my AIM information! :)

7. Tedster

Tedster Techspot old timer..... Posts: 10,074   +13

I avoid instant messangers like the plague. They bloat your system, open doors for viruses and hackers, and generally are annoying.

If someone wants to contact me, shoot me an email. I have several accounts. 1 for business transactions and BS (because I know it will attract spam), 2 for work which are military only, 1 for personal email and school, and 1 old account for back up.

only my closest friends and people in my grad school have access to my personal email account. All others use my BS (spam collector accounts)

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.