Instructive Cat Quotes

bobcat

Out of my large collection of cat quotes, I’ve chosen those that also refer to or can even be instructive to people.

· A cat can be trusted to purr when she is pleased, which is more than can be said for human beings. (William Ralph Inge)

· The cat seldom interferes with other people's rights. His intelligence keeps him from doing many of the foolish things that complicate life. (Carl van Vechten)

· I have studied many philosophers and many cats. The wisdom of cats is infinitely superior. (Hippolyte Taine)

· I have found my love of cats most helpful in understanding women. (John Simon)

· The playful kitten with its pretty little tigerish gambols is infinitely more amusing than half the people one is obliged to live with in the world. (Lady Sydney Morgan)

· If a cat does something, we call it instinct; if we do the same thing, for the same reason, we call it intelligence. (Will Cuppy)

· If you are worthy of its affection, a cat will be your friend, but never your slave. (Theophile Gautier)

· Cats are like music. It's foolish to try to explain their worth to those who don't appreciate them.

5gYEZPG.gif

Back