Insufficient Permissions to write to folder

Mazrim

So I was browsing my email and found a msg that I was chosen to beta test the new MMO Skyforge which I had registered for almost a year ago. Excited, I followed the directions to download the beta client file, and when I ran it, I noticed that it was trying to default to an additional disk drive that I had plugged in that was from an older rig build (the only component that survived a lightning strike). It should have defaulted to my C drive but instead is trying to install on the older drive which is marked as F drive.

So I tried to change the location, and I got a msg I've never seen before: "Insufficient permissions to write to folder....."

HUH?!

I'm logged in and ran the program as administrator, and yet windows refuses to allow me to install it.

Is there a way to fix this?

**UPDATE01**: I decided to try and run a command in cmd prompt as administrator: sfc /scannow, thinking that maybe there might have been corrupted files in my OS (Win7 Ultimate 64). sfc found nothing. Still stumped.

Last edited:
  • Right click on the folder, and select properties. Make sure the Read-Only attribute is unchecked/deselected, as it could've been installed as read-only for some odd reason.
  • From there, open up the Security tab. Scroll through the list of "Group or user names", and look for your Windows log-in name/username.
    • If you do not find your username there, select Edit... underneath that list, select the Add... button near the middle of the window, and enter in your Windows username, and select OK. Make sure your username is highlighted.
  • After that, try and set the Permissions to Allow:Full Control. Select OK. If it asks you if you would like to apply settings to sub-folders, then yes apply changes to sub-items.
Let me know if this helped you out.

Back