INtegrated Graphic FreezeS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all, this is my first post.

I'm having a problem with game freezing. I've never had this before. What happens I start any 3-d game and 5 minutes later I completely freeze. NOTE: this only happens when i play 3-d Graphic games, and they dont need much video card requirements.

Specs:
MoBo:Asus M2A-VM
Processor: Athlon Core Duo AM2 4200+
Ram: 1 GiG stick
HD: 160gig
Integrated Graphics: 6100n Geforce
tried 8400 Gs TC

I've read through various Solutions:
1) the INtegrated Graphics SuXs,
got a 8400 gs tc and it still freezes
2) NOt enough power
have a 350 watts ASUS Certified PSU. doubt it since even with Integrated graphics it freezes, dont have any power Hoggers, just my HD, Processor, Cd Drive and 1 gig stick...
3) Overheating. Checked Speed Fan, and it was ok, i started speedFAN and ran my game, it froze exactly when my HD and Core where at 41ºC
My Dads comp has crapier Graphics than me and his SpeedFAn diagnostics show that this Fansm HD and Core are on Flames :confused:
4) Ram
Rams fine i checked :)
5) BIOS and Drivers are all up-to-date

So My real question is, Can the possibility that my crashes are due to the motherboard grahics or motherboard itself??

When I installed my 8400 (hoping that would have solved my problem) it still crashed, when I resetted it, and logged in, a few secs later i got the dreadful Blue Screen for a sec then my comp reboot, took my card out and it ran just fine.

This might be caused by a motherboard since you have checked everything else... I would still try another power supply first. The crashing after installing a video card (my 8400) points to a weak power supply

ok, il try another PSU. il post later today

So what could be the problem with the motherboard(if it is)? Im seeing that ALOT of threads having this problem have ASUS motherboards.

i just bought it, and installed it with the cd it came with.....so drivers are up-to-date..

going to buy a new MoBO, and if it works, then im a tell those bishes that sold it me to RMA that crap

new drivers that come on the CD with MB are not new the MB could have been out for a year or more. Go to the MB web site and look for new drivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back