Integrated Intel Extreme Graphics

Status
Not open for further replies.

JamboD

Hi, first of all i'm not really that clever with computers. I'm just gettin a new one which has"integrated intel extreme graphics". Can anyone tell me if it is any good. I currently have a geforce 256. is that worse or better?

It seems to be worse from here.
# i845GL (integrated Intel Extreme)
# i865G (integrated Intel Extreme 2)
# V4 4500
# Rage Fury MAXX
# nForce 420 (integrated GF2 MX)
# Kyro
# Radeon VE 7000
# GF 256 SDR
Rated from worst(top) to best bottom. Note this is only a section of the chart, there are better and worse than the listed above.
http://users.erols.com/chare/video.htm Bottom of page for chart.

Hopefully it has an agp expansion slot so you can install a decent graphics card, but sadly many computers with intel extreme graphics completely lack this slot, and hence are stuck with very low end graphics.

"A Dell" is way too little information there. You might as well ask if a Ford has four wheel drive.

Just look at the specifications of your exact model of Dell or tell us the model you are going to buy.

If it's a dell 2400 or 3000, then it doesn't have an expansion slot. 4700, 8400, etc have expansion slots IIRC.

Battlefield 2

Can someone tell me if I can play Battlefield 2 with Intel graphics 2?

Also, can i get this graphics things switched for something better?

thx

Better Video

Yeah if u whant a better graphics card go 2 www.newegg.com and pick and look and shop 4 a video card that suits you.... :grinthumb :wave: :wave: ...good luck

sebastian

Stillpimpn said:
Can someone tell me if I can play Battlefield 2 with Intel graphics 2?

Also, can i get this graphics things switched for something better?

thx

As I just answered in another thread, no it is not possible to play BF2 with the integrated intel graphics... You'll have to buy a new card that is equal to or better than
NVIDIA GeForce FX 5700 or greater
ATI Radeon 8500 or greater

Taken from the official specs here..

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news....

is?

is the Radeon x700 pro good? and can someone tell me wuz the difference between pci card or agp?

I need to know and which one i need for my pc ill give info if needed

Motherboard

Stillpimpn said:
is the Radeon x700 pro good? and can someone tell me wuz the difference between pci card or agp?

I need to know and which one i need for my pc ill give info if needed

It all depends on what motherboard you get. That termines what Bus slots you have. :grinthumb And there Is not much of a difference between AGP or PCI.. :giddy: :giddy:

SeBaStIaN

An x700 pro is a pretty good card. If you don't run really high screen res for gaming(1600x1200+) and don't use AA/AF settings, it should be a very good card for most games.

Pci is really slow, don't get a pci, it won't be very fast, only get pci if you have no agp or pci-e slot.

Agp is fast, more than enough for todays games.

Pci-e is fastest, but even agp still hasn't had all it's bandwidth used up, for now it performs similarly to agp 8x.

Never trust Intel with graphics! They should stick to their CPUs. I had 82845G but I'm gonna replace it with GeForce Fx5500 PCI 256 MB.

Hey guys, I have a Sony VAIO RS-210.
512 RAM
80 GB (approx.)
Intel Pentium 4 2.4 GHz CPU
Intel 82845G Integrated Onboard Graphics
No AGP slots.
Only PCI slots.

Question: What PCI graphics card should I get?
Top Choices:
Radeon 9250 PCI 256MB
nVidia GeForce FX5500 PCI 256MB

Question: Which one play games better? (For ex., Far Cry, Halo, Half-Life 2, and other games.) Which one is faster and causes less lag?

Thanks guys,
I really need some advice. -izx2

The nvidia FX5500 is a better choice than the Radeon 9250...
It supports newer features than the 9250 and should give enough speed to play newer games with higher settings.

As for lag, well that's a combo of your entire system, you internet connection, the hardware of the server you play on and the amount of players on it...

Well thanks! :angel: That's what I thought, too... Well, I know what to get now... :bounce:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back