Intel 945gnt sound problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

simanta

hi
i am using a 945gnt intel motherboard.it has front audio system but i never use use it and have disabled it in the bios setting.i am using the latest sigmatel driver and intel audio studio.now the problem is that the rear audio gets muted automatically and the intel audio studio pops up a menu saying a new audio device has been connected in the front audio panel even thought i never use it.the sound remains muted for a second or two and then gets unmuted again.
can anyone help !!!

First, update your BIOS to be certain you have the latest one.
Then go into the BIOS to remove the Audio posted there.
Now uninstall or remove the audio in the Device Manager (Control panel -> System -> Hardware -Device Manager).
Now reinstall the drivers you wish to use.
If this does not work, go back to the Intel site to download and install an earlier version of the 945gnt or 945gntl audio drivers, then run the above all over again.

tried everything.downloaded the latest driver but the problem persists.when i open the intel audio studio in the audio studio it shows that a speaker gets conected to the front audio panel and the audio to the rear speaker is muted.it lasts for a second or two and the again it shows that the front panel speaker is disconected and the rear speaker is unmuted.
actually when i bought the motherboard the front audio conection wires were not supplied with it.and nothing is connected to the front audio panel bus in the motherboard, then how can a speaker or headphone get connected to the front panel, any idea?

no loose cables or wires because i haven't even connected the front audio cable to the front audio panel bus in the motherboard.

how about trying to put it in instead? (and remove jumper too)

btw sigmatel sucks at that area. im using 946 and aswell, when i insert speaker to front panel, it doesnt recognize in the control panel though sounds coming out... even there's no microfone control in the windows vol. control....
i think you should try alternative to SigmaTel...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back