Intel base Code error

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrArturo

I turn my Gateway PC, bought 2002, and it loads to a screen thats say GATEWAY in big green letters and asks three things at the bottom. After clicking and sounding like it has diarreah it will load this error 10 seconds later.

Client Mac ADDR:0007
E9 9D F4 D0

Guid:AOE94790-DB1D- B2 11- 800- D619859688C6

PXE-MOF: Exiting Intel
PXE ROM

Boot Failure: System Halted

Now it will load if i go to F1 when it says gateway and then exit without saving configurations. And sometimes it will load if i just wait, but when it does load everything will run slow and freeze and eventually get on my nerves to the point were i just turn it off. whats wrong? what should i do?

somethings died...

goto basics (video, mobo, psu, sound, ram, primary hdd) and see if it boots.. see if you have a cooling/voltage problem..

can you tell us what 3 things it says? and which one you clicked?

and also some more system specs please..

basics as in just your barebones system, no pci cards/unimportant devices attached

it means just the video card, hard drive, motherboard, sound, power and ram, everything else disconected

it asks

To change system settings, please press <F1>
To display system message, please press <Tab>
To boot from network press <F12>

ok.. i'll step by step it for you...

1. goto the bios settings (aka System Settings on yours), look through anything related to booting, like a booting order etc.. and check if everything looks ok. If you're not sure, there should be an option called 'load default settings' or 'load optimum settings' there. choose one, save and reboot.

if that fails, go through each steps, rebooting and see if it works, and if it doesnt continue to the next step:
2. open your pc case up. If you still have your pc/motherboard manual, find out how to reset the CMOS or BIOS, or if you dont have one:
-locate your 'CMOS reset' jumper (three pins, two are bridged with a little white connector, has the above words written next to). make sure the pc is unpluged from the power socket, then take out the connector and bridge the exposed pin with the middle pin for a few seconds, then put it back how it was.
eg: you have pin 1 2 3. right now it looks like 1 2-3 (-being the jumper) ie normal operation. take out hte jumper so it is 1-2 3 to reset, then a few seconds (no longer) take it out and put it back to 2-3 etc..

or if you cant find it, locate the CMOS battery (round button battery.. cant miss it), make sure the power's unplugged, take out the battery for about 15 or so seconds then put it back in.

3. Having the power unplugged, and the case open, touch the metal of the pc case (to ground yourself).
- Use a phillips screw driver and unbolt the pci cards, gently slide it out. note any cables connected to each cards if any exists and disconnect them. put them in a safe place them on a safe antistatic +non metal surface for now.
- find the cd/dvd drives, unplug both the power cable and flat ribbon cable. same goes for anything else you have on there (other drives, sound rack etc...), exept for the hdd and floppy disk drive

so it should look like this on the pc:
-power supply unit (rectangular box with a fan on one side, yellow/black/red/orange/etc cables inside your pc, otherside goes to the power outlet)
-big board in the middle (motherboard), has a humungous heatsink and fan ontop (the CPU). One or a few sticks of ram, take out all exept 1, cable going to teh HDD, Floppy.
-Reinsert/connect your video and sound card if they arn't inbuilt to the motherboard.

Connect your monitor, some speakers and the power and boot up. Note any beeping or error codes if any..

post back on the results

I did everything you said and it continued to do the same thing it will take me to the green gateway screen and sometimes it will continue to boot to the windows loading screen and sometimes it will boot to the error page except now no matter how it loads when i finally get into windows everything freezes on occasion and takes about 30 secs to a minute to continue moving. Are there any other solutions?

New Error

This time i turned on my computer and the green gatway screen came up and instead of immediately loading the intel error it said

The hard drive was not found. Consult the troubleshooting section of your user's manuel.

Press the Esc Key to prevent displaying error again

Press Enter key to Continue

I pressed enter and then it took me to the intel error screen again.

can i have your system specifications please?

the next time you get into windows, go to [c:/windows/minidumps], zip 5 or 6 of the most recent ones and post them here

The hard drive was not found. Consult the troubleshooting section of your user's manuel.

ok.. we can kinda narrow it down to three parts: hdd, mobo, or cpu..

HDD Troubleshooter:
if you still can access bios check that its still picking up the hdd.

- if it does, if you still have your winxp cd boot using that and go to recovery console, type in chkdsk /f on your hdd. fix any errors. try and reboot

- if it doesnt come up there, see if you can borrow a friend's pc or another pc and try atttaching the hdd there and boot it up, and see if you can access it (in other words swap it with the one in the 2nd pc..)

-if it still doesnt, put the 2nd pc's hdd back, and link that hdd as a slave, (you may need to set the jumper pins on your hdd to slave -> there should be some sticker or writing to tell you what to bridge) and then get your important data off asap..

CPU/Mobo troubleshooter:

tell you the truth, tehre's no easy way to do this but yeh..

-look around the motherboard, see if theres any bulging or leaking capacitors (see this article of what it looks like: http://asia.cnet.com/reviews/pcperi...m?AT=39289727-39050023t-39000052c-20000061q-1 ) or any sign of physical damage/schorching etc.

if there is any (poped caps) you have two options: pull out the ol' soldering kit and replace them
https://www.techspot.com/vb/showthread.php?t=46530&goto=newpost

or get a new board altogether (and cpu if its in budget for an upgrade)

otherwise, its just a matter of swaping mobo with another one and trying that (making sure its compatible with the current cpu) to test it if its the problem or not

CPU: check for any bent/missing pins and damage etc..

and like the mobo, the only real way to test is to swap with an identical one, remembering to put the heatsink, thermal etc back on...

so yeh.. thats all i can think off at the moment..

download either SIW or Everest Home (both free).
Note the model numbers, ratings/info (if any) and makes (brands etc) of:

the motherboard
the cpu
hdd(s)/storage mediums
ram(s)
cd/dvd drive(s)
other devices
power supply unit --> this can be found out on its sticker on the actual box (the thing you plug your mains power to)

As far as your boot from Cd solution i tried it. It says I have one or more errrors on my volume but I couldn't find a way to repair them there wasn't a repair errors command

if you put the /f bit at the end, it automaticaly fixes it for you... scan it again to double check...

Client Mac ADDR:0007
E9 9D F4 D0

Guid:AOE94790-DB1D- B2 11- 800- D619859688C6

PXE-MOF: Exiting Intel
PXE ROM

Boot Failure: System Halted
this is boot option for network card
go to bios and reset first boot device to the hard drive completlty disable boot option for the nic and F10 and save
on reboot if you get this screen again you may need a new battery (little round thing on MB)
if that does not work go to bios and reset to optimum defaults F10 again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back