Intel Celeron CPU or Intel Pentium 4??

Status
Not open for further replies.

lalo90e

Hi,
I have a Intel Celeron 2.6 GHZ and I don´t know if I should upgrade to a Pentium 4 2.8 GHZ. Will I notice a big upgrade with the Pentium4?? Or my celeron is okay? I use my computer for casual gaming and i hate low frames per second in my games. I have a Intel D845GVSR motherboard with a socket mPGA478. Please help!
Thanks..

I recommend Pentium 4 way over celeron. Heres a good reason why. My parents computer has a 2.8Ghz celeron Northwood. My computer has a Pentium 4 Northwood 2.4Ghz overclocked to 2.5Ghz, and it has always beat the celeron! The Celeron Northwood chip has only 128K of L2 Cache, whereas my Pentium 4 Northwood chip has 512K of L2. That really explains it right there.

One good reason why so many people buy oem machines with celerons is because they don't know the difference. All they look at is the 2.8 Ghz labeled on the front of the computer. That's why my uncle David has given so many people in the family Celeron computers. Next time i see him, i'm going to tell him the difference between Celeron and P4. As a matter of fact, 95% of my familys computers are Celerons! Also, most of the computers I have worked on have this... you guessed it... Celeron!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back