TechSpot

Intel Core 2 Duo CPU Fan

By Coolmatt
Jul 28, 2006
  1. Anyway, I plan on purchasing a new gaming computer (cause mines currently at a socket 754 setup). I also plan on getting the new Intel Core 2 Duo processor (E6600). I want to also use the old heatsink I have from the 754 and use it for this new CPU. I have a Zalman LED Copper heatsink (http://techreport.com/reviews/2005q4/zalman-cnps9500/money.jpg) I'm pretty sure this will work but I'm not 100% positive. Any suggestions are appreciated and if you have another CPU fan in mind, please let me know.

2. Didou

Didou Bowtie extraordinair! Posts: 4,274

Zalman coolers come with different socket clips so if you still have your LGA775 clips for that cooler you should be good to go. Also the Core 2 duo is rated for 65w (typical consumption) so that cooler is way mroe then enough for it (the Core 2 Duo EE is the only one rated for 80/85w I believe).

3. Coolmatt

Coolmatt TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 66

Okay, thanks for the quick reply!

4. Rick

Rick TechSpot Staff Posts: 4,573   +65

I remember we got one of the Conroe engineering samples (Core 2 Duo) up to 4.5GHz using high-end liquid cooling. Good stuff. :)

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.