Intel d865perll

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoAvalanche

I am looking to purchase a new mobo, i need to use my current 4x video but plan on getting a 8x ati one in a few months, I currently have a gig of ram-pc2100 is this the mobo i should get?

the said board is the best performance you can get for an mpga478 system. other boards made by gigabyte, asus, and others support agp and and amd processor, should you choose to go with an athlon based system. that ram will hurt your performance.

Thanks I thought this would be a good choice but wanted to check for sure. I want to purchase an 8x video card and have heard here and elsewhere that ati is the way to go....a tech friend told there have been mobo problems with some ati cards-which one ie 9600, 9600pro, etc should I purchase.

a radeon 9800 pro or 9800xt should serve you very, very well. ive had an 8500 for years but don't have the cash for another card. nvidia makes some sweet cards as well. just use ati's catalyst software and you should be all set.

I am looking at an ATI 9600XT all in wonder card. Does anyone have this card with the d865perl mobo? How is the compatibility...any problems?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back